The Captain Dan wreck is an old U.S. Coast Guard buoy tender originally named the “Hollyhock”. She was built in 1937 and during her career not only was she a buoy tender, she also served as an ice breaker in Lake Michigan and a refueling ship for seaplanes in the Bahamas. She eventually came to South Florida and became a Mission ship and renamed “Good News”. She was sunk in February 1990, part of the Rodeo Reef and renamed in memory of Captain Dan Garnsey. This is a 175′ wreck with prominent superstructure, her bow facing north. The overall depth is 110 feet with the deck at 90 feet and the wheelhouse at 70 feet.